Former journalist turned train conductor in one of Europe’s most beautiful Alpine countries. Also mom, traveller, photographer, and wife. And lover of all things Tyrolean after moving to this Austrian province in 2010. Before that, I spent 16 years writing about murder and mayhem in South Africa.
Best Things About Living in Austria and the Alps
- To arrive at an “Alm” or mountain hut after a long hike, order a beer, and enjoy it while soaking up the sun and appreciating the views.
- Joining the locals in traditional festivities.
- Escaping mass tourism even when visiting bigger Austrian cities like Vienna or Salzburg.
- Having a choice of ski resorts on our doorstep to make the best of the incredible nature year-round.
What Travel Tyrol Can Do for You
- Tell you which hikes will take you to that Alm for a well-deserved beer.
- Give you a better insight into Austrian and Alpine culture.
- Highlight the tourist attractions worth visiting, both on and off the beaten path.
- Provide detailed ski resort guides based on hard-earned experience.
What You Can Do for Travel Tyrol
- Help me tick off more destinations on my Alps bucket list by using the links in my blog to book your tours or accommodation if that’s what you were going to do anyway. No pressure, though!
Happy reading… and happy travels!